Who we are
Our website address is: https://myeverypenny.com.
MEP is a company that provide price comparison services as well as financial services, insurance products, communications and other products and services and across Asia.
The myeverypenny.com website (“Website“), including the content, features, tools, data, software and functions made available by us through the Website, our mobile applications and any other websites or applications we operate (unless those websites or applications have posted separate or additional terms of service) (together, the “Services”) are owned by MEP and have been created to provide information to our visitors (“you” and “your”) about our products and services.
Collection of Information
We collect information about you in three main ways: when you provide it to us, with automatic technologies and when third party sources provide it to us.
Information We Collect
While registering for an account and/or using our Services (for example, in order to get comparative quotes for personal loans), your Personal Data may be collected or provided by you to us in various ways.
The following are examples (without limitation) of the circumstances in which we collect Personal Data:
- When you subscribe to receive updates from us, we will ask for your email address
- When you register an account on our Services, we may ask for your name, email address, telephone number and/or mobile number
- When you register an account on our Services and/or log in through third-party social logins (i.e. Google Sign-in or Facebook Login Feature), we may collect your email address and/or basic profile info (profile picture and full name) and any other data that you would have explicitly consented to our collection
- When you request quotes for certain products, we may ask for information like your age and income, so that we can obtain accurate quotes
- When you redeem a reward on our Services, we may ask for your name, email address, the product you applied for, your application reference number and/or your application date
- When you contact us on our social media platform, we may ask for your name, email address and/or phone number, so that we can contact you regarding your enquiry; and
- When you apply for a product or a service using the application forms on our Services, we will collect information which includes but is not limited to contact details, identification information and financial information; and
The information you provide to us may include (without limitation):
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- any messages if you write to us using the “contact us” form
- your saving goals or your expenditure
- details of the products you are looking for (for example, the size of loan)
- education history
- employment status
- employer or company details
- details of beneficiaries, such as joint policy holders and minor beneficiaries (where required for purchasing a product)
- family members (where required for purchasing a product or availing of a service)
- information related to any of the above.
The provision of the above data is on a voluntary basis.
Automatic Collection of Computer Data
In addition, when you use the Services, we may automatically collect certain data about how you access and interact with our Services which may, when combined with other information about you, constitute Personal Data. Automated technologies, such as our use of ‘cookies’, web beacons and similar technologies help us achieve our goal of providing you with the best possible service. When you access our Services, our servers will record, or track information sent from the browsers. This can include the following information (without limitation):
- attributes of the equipment or device you are using, such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, software and device identifiers
- device locations, including specific geographic locations identified through GPS signals or other means
- connection information such as the name of your mobile operator, ISP or other service provider, browser type and IP address
- the website from which you have reached the Services
- the Website pages viewed
- details of the products and services on the Services that you look at, information, tools and content available on our Services that you use
- time spent on the Services
- links from our Services that you click on
- quotes you request from our Services
- your transactions on our Services and details of any payments made by you (including bank account and credit card details and any other account identification information); and
- information related to any of the above.
- provide you with a more personalized experience on our Services. It allows us to remember you when you revisit our Services. You can also access your previously saved quotes
- study browsing habits on the Services. The more we understand what products you are interested in, the greater our ability to offer you customized solutions and targeted advertisements and other marketing materials; and
- obtain information regarding the number of visitors to the Services and the pages viewed.
In most cases, cookies are deleted when you close your browser; these are referred to as session cookies. However, persistent cookies stay on your browsing device either until such time as you delete them, or they expire. By using the Services, you consent to us using cookies. Such use of data does not disclose any of your Personal Data, and we will not collect, process or use any of your Personal Data in this regard.
You can alter your computer browser settings to block or delete cookies. If you opt to block or delete cookies of the Services, you may not be able to access certain products or services and this could have an effect on the performance of the Services on your system (for example, banner ads may not display properly). If you have registered an account with us, you may be required to re-enter your password more frequently during your use of our Services if you choose to disable cookies.
Information Provided to us by Third-Party Sources
Finally, when you use the Services, we may also receive information about you from other third parties we have engaged such as business associates, subcontractors, analytics providers, platform providers and search information providers or, pursuant to your request, from credit reference agencies and/or third party providers of our Partners.
Information from Integrated Services like Facebook or Google
Accuracy and Retention of Personal Data
By providing us with your Personal Data or that of a family member, you warrant that such data is true and accurate, and undertake to notify us as soon as practicable of any change or alteration to the same. Any loss or damage caused to the Services or to the person responsible for the Services or to any third person through the provision of erroneous, inexact or incomplete information will be your exclusive and absolute responsibility. When you give us Personal Data about another person (or persons) such as a family member, you should have the authority to act on such person’s behalf (whether by appointment or by law in your capacity as legal guardian). This includes providing consent to our processing of their Personal Data. If for any reason you are concerned as to whether you are permitted to provide us with another person’s information, please contact us at the email address listed below before sending us anything.
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as permissible by applicable law(s).
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for (further detailed in the “What do we use your Information for?” section below), including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
You have the right to request access to and correction of your Personal Data as held by us. Please contact us at email@example.com at any time if you wish to correct, amend or update your Personal Data. We aim to acknowledge and act upon your request promptly. To help us respond in the most timely and appropriate way, please be as specific as possible in your request or inquiry.
What do we use your Information for?
We use the information we collect about you for our legitimate business interests to operate the Services, to enhance and customize users’ experiences with the Services and to improve and grow our business. Depending on the nature of your relationship with us, we may use your Personal Data for some or all of the following purposes:
- to answer your queries and to communicate with you, for example, providing you with alerts, notifications and recommendations
- to allow you to access and use our free comparison services and to provide quotes to you
- to enable you to access online application forms on third party external sites
- to process applications for Partner Products on your behalf (see below section “Partner Products” for further information)
- to analyze customer behavior, market trends and client demographics so that we can improve our services and to enable us to provide a more personalized service and more relevant communications to you
In some circumstances we will anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
How do we Disclose your Information?
We are committed to keeping your Personal Data and other information shared with us confidential. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose or transfer your Personal Data to certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below
Keeping you Updated Regarding our Services & Direct Marketing
After you use our services, and provided you have subscribed to receive our communications, we may use your Personal Data (including your name, address, email address and telephone number) to contact you about news, offers, events, and promotional campaigns in relation to price comparison services and/or financial services, insurance, communications, online content and other products and services that we feature on the Services from time to time.
For example, this may include credit cards, mortgages, personal loans, insurance products, broadband services, investments etc. We may use other data collected about you, including but not limited to your age, location, income bracket, employment, browsing history, purchases and quotes requested in order to provide materials that are customized and relevant to you. You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter and other direct marketing communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in our email to you.
These communications are separate to those you will receive as a result of registering an account with us. In addition to account-related communications, our logged in users will receive exclusive and/or advance access to personalized content available and distributed only to them, which may be sent by email. As a logged in user you may not opt-out of receiving membership-related messages from us, unless you deactivate your account.
With your explicit consent, we may also provide your Personal Data (including your name, address, email address and telephone number) to our Partners so that they may contact you with news, offers, events, and promotional campaigns in relation to price comparison services and/or financial services, insurance, communications, online content and other products and services that we feature on the Services from time to time.
If you have any questions or concerns about the communications you are receiving from us, you can get in touch with us at any time, free of charge (see “Your Rights” below).
Improving our Service
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.